Have you ever tried to join the 5 am club and go for a jog or walk without peeping into your laptop/mobile phones? Yes, all of us have tried this at least once in our lifetime and many have been failed at it miserably. We all know that an active lifestyle is the apt way of living but let’s face it, not many of us lead one.
Living an active life is important to staying healthy. Staying active helps to reduce your risk of conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and stroke and also helps you in being productive at work. Exercise has also been linked to improved mental, emotional and physical well-being.
It is no secret that the active lifestyle and proper nutrition can help you lead a longer, healthier and more fulfilling life. A well-balanced diet of nutritious foods combined with regular physical activity can decrease your risk of developing certain chronic illnesses and can prevent many diseases.
People, it may seem difficult but some gradual steps towards leaving active and healthy life will make us joyful and content. Here are 7 super easy ways to lead an active lifestyle:
1) Be your own motivation.Stop letting an extra hour of sleep in the morning spoil your life. The trick is just to get off your bed without any second thought and obviously, it will become your habit post few days of hardship.
Pick an outdoor activity or a range of activities that you like doing the most and let that be a start. Incorporate healthy habits into your day to day life to reap maximum benefits. Pin one of those activities, say a jog or walk first thing to do in your daily calendar.
2) Include fitness activities in your routine.
3) Add at least one buddy in your mission.There may come one time when you will be exhausted due to your 9 to 5 job and think of skipping the morning walk for a day but that lazy one day may lead to unsuccessful abortion of the mission. To tackle such situations you need a buddy indeed whom will encourage you always. It will not only be super fun but will also inspire you to keep moving forward.
If you haven’t been active in several years, start out slow. Always take precautions if you are suffering from any physical (or other) illness, consult your doctor before starting your workout.
4) Take it slow.
Start with 15-20 minutes of sessions and then gradually increase the length of your sessions over time.
5) Adventure holidays will be a catalyst.Be it a jungle trek, nature trail or mountain trails these activities have a mix of fun and leisure. While these holidays seem like the perfect excuse to kick back and relax, it need not be at the expense of your health.
6) Mix it up.Following the same routine of fitness, activites can often lead to monotony. So the best way to keep up with your new found active living is by mixing up the activities every once in a while.
Many gyms and community centers offer free classes with a monthly membership. Not up for the gym? Look at your local sports stores for outdoor group activities. Take advantage of those opportunities.
7) Stretch and never overdo.Stretching after a workout should always be part of your routine. Stretching improves flexibility and keeps your body ready for other tasks of the day. It may also cut your risk of injury or muscle cramps.
Also, you should avoid overdoing any fitness activities as per your body limits. This may lead to otherwise.
Staying active is one of the most important ingredients of a healthy life. You can dance while you watch TV, walk to the grocery store, or take stairs and avoid lifts. That’s all it takes! And once it becomes a way of life you will motivate others on how to live an active lifestyle and add towards your #EmotionalRelativity.
The key to winning is beginning. ~ Robin Sharma
So, do you like to include the active lifestyle in your new year's resolutions? Check out my post on ideas to make 2017 a productive year.
Image Source - Freepik